Thursday, March 18, 2010

Green Week -- Everyday Ideas to be Environmentally Friendly

Here's some ideas that might fit into your lifestyle, save you some money & be good for the environment as well:

  • One of my favorites is to use re-useable shopping bags when I go grocery shopping. Not only is it good for the environment but its so helpful to me since it keeps the groceries so much more orderly than using those plastic bags that slip all over the place & let my food roll around the car! I even got a small savings from the grocery store on my bill the last time I went because I brought my own bags!
  • Cook with a slow cooker to reduce the electricity you would use by cooking with the oven & other ideas, here.
  • Let the sunlight in! During the day, open your blinds instead of turning on lights. I think this not only saves energy but when I open my blinds it is a mood booster as well! See other cheap ways to go green, here.
  • Check through this list of 50 ways to go green and choose just a couple to work on at a time so it doesn't feel so overwhelming.

Leave a comment to let us know what you are doing right now to "go green" & would encourage other people to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment