Monday, March 29, 2010
I bought 2 bags of Easter candy & just used what I had laying around the house to create some display ideas. What could you do with 2 bags of Easter candy (probably something cuter than my ideas).
Here's what I came up with:
Monday, March 22, 2010
Friday, March 19, 2010
To repurpose & reuse your candle jars, follow these cleaning instructions. Then be creative. An empty candle jar could become so many different things . . . here's a list of ideas for you!
Want to re-use your Gold Canyon scent pods? Here's the cleaning instructions & some ideas of what to do with them.
Gold Canyon's baking jars would be perfect to repurpose as kitchen canisters like this project.
And here's some fun "spooky treats", using re-purposed jars!
I just love these ideas for Father's Day gifts . . . aren't they awesome?!
And there are so many other things that can be repurposed & reused besides just jars! Check out these crafty ideas & this site is dedicated to "repurposing" and has some awesome ideas for reusing just about anything!
Thursday, March 18, 2010
- One of my favorites is to use re-useable shopping bags when I go grocery shopping. Not only is it good for the environment but its so helpful to me since it keeps the groceries so much more orderly than using those plastic bags that slip all over the place & let my food roll around the car! I even got a small savings from the grocery store on my bill the last time I went because I brought my own bags!
- Cook with a slow cooker to reduce the electricity you would use by cooking with the oven & other ideas, here.
- Let the sunlight in! During the day, open your blinds instead of turning on lights. I think this not only saves energy but when I open my blinds it is a mood booster as well! See other cheap ways to go green, here.
- Check through this list of 50 ways to go green and choose just a couple to work on at a time so it doesn't feel so overwhelming.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Homeology are plant based cleaning products that use only naturally occuring ingredients such as coconut-based cleaners, purified water, and essential oils. Click here for some of the posts I've done on our cleaners in the past on the many uses for Homeology cleaners.
And here's some other ideas for being environmentally friendly while you're cleaning house with homeology products:
- Use newspaper to clean glass & mirrors
- Use a microfiber mop with our floor cleaner - no waste-water to throw away & you throw the microfiber cloth in the wash along with a load of towels to clean it & re-use it
- Instead of using new or disposable cloths, use old cotton t-shirts that can be cut up into cleaning rags
Environmental Cleaning Solutions
Make your own cleaners - including furniture polish, drain cleaner, metal polishes & more
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
So, here it is . . . the "green" creativity challenge! You only have 3 days, so you'd better get right on this!
In honor of our "green" week, I want to hear your creative ideas for re-using the following items:
1. a baby formula can
2. a milk jug
3. a candle jar (any candle jar, it doesn't have to be the one pictured here)
4. an oil container
Get an entry in the prize drawing by . . .
1. leaving a comment with an idea for re-using any of the previously mentioned items (1 entry for each idea!)
2. if the idea can be used with Gold Canyon products or to promote my business, you get double entries
DEADLINE: Friday March 19, 2010 . . . the winner will be announced on Saturday March 20, 2010 -- If you're the winner(s), you must check back on the blog to claim your prize! Prize(s) will be in proportion to number of entries, more entries could mean more than 1 winner & better prizes!
THEY COULD BE A WINNER, TOO!
Food & Craft Ideas
Activity Ideas - I'm thinking we may try our hand at a leprechaun trap. Searching for 4 leaf clovers could be fun, too, or watching one of these fun family movies: The Gnome-Mobile, Darby O'gill and the Little People, or Finian's Rainbow.
Now . . . share your favorite ideas!
Monday, March 15, 2010
Here's a couple others that I've posted in the past:
Pineapple Lime Pie
And here's a recipe that I'd like to try:
(Add green food coloring instead of red)
Red Velvet & Cream Cheese Cupcakes
Leave a comment & share YOUR favorite Green Recipes!
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Sorry for the delay in getting yesterday's bingo square posted. Since I messed up (crazy day with the kids!) there are 2 squares to mark off today. And don't forget to e-mail me when you have 5 in a row!
Square #13: Fabulous Fudge Brownie
can't you just taste them!
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Another great way to spread great, Gold Canyon fragrance without a "flame". The fragrance from a diffuser will last up to 3 months & when its gone, you can just buy a refill bottle! Great places for your diffuser? Kids' rooms, your own bedroom, bathrooms, your office & more!
Want less fragrance? remove some of the sticks!
Want more fragrance? flip the sticks every now & then to "refresh" them!
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Today's square to mark off is . . .
These are the greatest way to spread Gold Canyon fragrance without a "flame". Just plug in your warmer, flip the switch to "on", set the timer for 4, 8 or 12 hours (yes, it will go off automatically!), and add your favorite scent pod!
I have some HUGE goals this year and I need your help to achieve them! You will be well rewarded for helping me out!
I am asking for 10 volunteers to participate in my $1500 Mystery Host Show!
Here is the scoop –
I need 10 people willing to collect just $150 in orders before tax is applied (I’m giving you FREE shipping!!!). You can do this by passing around a catalog at work, or in your neighborhood, at your kids games, even family gatherings! Or you can place your own $150 order or call one or two of your friends to order along with you.
Each person who places a $150 order will automatically receive $20 in FREE products of their choice!
Additional prizes will be determined through a drawing . . .
1 winner: Diffuser (fragrance of your choice)
2 winners: Homeology (your choice)
3 winners: Pod Bundle (your choice)
Place an order that is over $350 & get an extra 20 tickets in the prize drawing, PLUS an extra $20 in FREE products of your choice & a FREE Aromatherapy candle (randomly selected fragrance)!
Respond by March 6, so that I can get your Catalogs to you ASAP! Also respond if you just want to place your own $150 order so that you can be included in the drawing.
I need all orders and payment turned in by March 23rd to be entered into the prize drawing.
Orders will be shipped directly to you.
Only the first 10 To Respond will fill the open spots and receive their catalogs and chance in the drawing!
Come On! Be Part of the FUN! I will greatly appreciate your help!
Monday, March 1, 2010
Today's square to mark off is . . .
Yummmmm!!! If you enjoy spending time outside, you definitely want one of these candles! You will truly enjoy this fragrance that works just as well as the original citronella fragrance for keeping the bugs away. Great for entertaining guests or even just hanging out in the great outdoors by yourself or with your family . . . barbecues, reading a good book, etc.
More of What You're Looking For:
- Candle Care (6)
- Candles (12)
- Demonstrator Opportunity (2)
- Fundraising (5)
- Gift Ideas (12)
- Homeology (11)
- Parties (7)
- Pods (4)
- Prayer Child Foundation (10)
- Product Spotlight: Auto Fresheners (8)
- Product Spotlight: Diffusers (2)
- Product Spotlight: Eau de Parfum (1)
- Product Spotlight: Pod Warmers (6)
- Product Spotlight: Soy Candles (1)
- Product Spotlight: 2010 Holders (3)
- Skin Care (4)