Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I "gottahave" . . . Pineapple Lime Pie!

Mmmmm! When I was looking for some green colored recipes to share this month, this one struck me as interesting! We tried it out & it is a new favorite in our household! This different combination of Pineapple & Lime started me thinking . . . now I'm just dying to try out the combination of burning a Pineapple Upside Down Cake & Key Lime Pie candle together!


Pineapple Lime Pie
from 1999 Best of Country Cooking - Taste of Home cookbook
(with a slight variation from me!)

1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup lime juice
1 can (8oz) crushed pineapple, drained
2 to 3 drops green food coloring, optional
1 graham cracker pie crust (9inch)
1 cup whipping cream
2 Tbs. sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

In a bowl, combine milk, lime juice, and pineapple. Stir in food coloring. Spoon into crust and chill for 8 hours.

Before serving, beat cream, sugar and vanilla together until stiff peaks form. Spoon whipped cream over pie filling and serve!

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorites! And I even have fresh limes to use.

    ReplyDelete