Friday, April 10, 2009

About Me, About You!

As part of the fun with my birthday celebration this month, I thought it would be fun to share some little known facts about myself. I'll go first & then I'd love to hear back from you, either with a comment to the blog or a direct e-mail at kim.milius@goldcanyon.us (send me 5 facts that I don't know about you by April 20, 2009). Everyone who responds will receive either a discount coupon for a future order or a special gift for participating. I look forward to learning more about you. Please pass this on to any of your friends who may be interested as well! Now, here's some things you might not know about me:

1. I was born & raised in Mesa, Arizona.
2. I met my husband in 9th grade, though we didn't date until after high school -- oh, except for the one date to Senior Prom that we were kind of fixed up on.
3. I love to sing & perform; some of my favorite memories took place in high school choir!
4. I have one child & one (possibly 2) on the way -- we just found out! We're very grateful for Invitro (IVF) helping us to have children after 10 years of trying.
5. I'm the oldest of 5 children.
6. I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
7. I used to do cake decorating (for weddings & everything!).
8. I've always dreamed of owning my own business since I was a little girl & had dreams of running a restaurant with all of my cousins & aunts.
9. I have a HUGE, close & supportive extended family -- grew up with cousins that were my best friends; even better, we all lived close together, most of us on the same street!
10. I love Chicken Alfredo Pizza from Olive Garden.
11. I try so hard to be organized, it doesn't come easily, but I am continually working on it.
12. My absolute favorite candle scents are the citrus ones: Cranberry Orange, Citrus Cream, Sunrise Tangelo, etc.
13. I graduated from Arizona State University with a degree in Elementary Education.
14. I was a natural blonde until I turned about 20 -- I've recently given up the dream & accepted my darker shade of hair!
15. My baby is a redhead; he takes after my mom (also a redhead) and many others on her side of the family.
16. My middle name is "Joy".
17. My sisters & sister-in-law & I recorded a cd last year - something we've always talked about doing.
18. The year before I got married, I had the opportunity to do a study abroad trip to Europe & Russia. We went to so many countries & it was such a great experience, especially since I got to be there with 3 of my cousins & we met a new friend who later married one of my cousins!
19. I grew up making many trips to Disneyland for family vacations.
20. My bedroom is done in red & black & I have a purple wall in my kitchen -- the first time I've used color on my walls -- well, other than "the blue room" that was my bedroom as a teenager, it was beautiful done in white with a few different shades of blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment