Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Home-made Chocolate Cake

As part of my 10 year birthday celebration with Gold Canyon, I wanted to share with you one of my favorite cake recipes. Wait, I have to take that back; this IS my favorite cake recipe! Not only is it great, but its filled with childhood memories since this was known around our family as "Grandma Johnson's Chocolate Cake". I loved my Great Grandma Johnson & her recipes were always the best! So, now I share her chocolate cake recipe with you:

Grandma's Chocolate Cake
Mix together in a large bowl:
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
6 Tbs. cocoa
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda

Make 3 holes in the dry mixture and add:
In hole #1: 2 tsp vanilla
In hole #2: 2 Tbs. vinegar
In hole #3: 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs. oil

Pour 2 cups of water over the above mixture, then stir all ingredients together. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes in a greased & floured 9x13 pan.

This cake is moist enough that it doesn't require frosting; just dust with powdered sugar! Its also great for families where there are egg or milk allergies since it doesn't contain either!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment